The Toledo Design Collective is inspiring transformative growth through urban planning and thoughtful design.
Who We Are
As a non-profit organization, our full-time staff, supported by our active volunteer board, is dedicated to improving the function and aesthetic of the Toledo region.
Our expertise and passion stems from decades of combined experience as architects, city planners, urban developers, community leaders and devoted Toledo residents.
Elizabeth Ellis is the Studio Director of the TDC. Elizabeth works to increase awareness of the TDC’s mission that thoughtful urban design and planning should be a right of everyone, not a privilege of few. She has fostered meaningful relationships with neighborhood organizations through her passion of equity through urban design since she joined the Collective in 2017. She is a Toledo native and a graduate of Kent State University, with master’s degrees in Architecture and Urban Design.
Anthony Gustely is an Urban Planner with the TDC. After co-opping with the TDC twice as a college intern in 2020 and 2021, he is excited to return to Toledo in a full-time staff role. Anthony graduated from the University of Cincinnati’s college of DAAP with a Bachelor’s of Urban Planning and Minor in Political Science. Passionate about the TDC’s mission, he is excited to amplify community-driven visions that help move communities towards implementation.
Liz Mohler is a part-time communications coordinator here at the Toledo Design Collective. Liz brings over 6+ years of marketing and design experience in the non-profit field. She's passionate about sustainability and community development, which is why she's excited to be part of creating positive change in the city with TDC!
Jennifer Van Horn
Board Chair. Jennifer is the Chief Planning and Capital Projects Officer for Metroparks Toledo.
Board Co-Chair. Mac is an urban planner for ConnecToledo, the Downtown Toledo Development Corporation.
TDC Treasurer. Director of Facilities & Development Services at Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority.
TDC Secretary. Rachel is a Senior Planner at The Collaborative.
Chair, Committee on Directors. Alissa is an Architect at The Collaborative.
TDC Projects Committee Chair. Martin has 40 years of diverse planning and community development experience.
- Andre Ballard, Ballard Architects
- Stephanie Bartlett, Staff Professional Engineer, Div of Transportation
- Ryan Bunch, Senior Director, Outreach + Advocacy, United Way
- Ruth Chang, Midstory
- Salim Elwazani, Bowling Green state University
- Sally Gladwell, Principal/ Vice President, Mannik & Smith Group
- Cynthia Jones, Lucas County Law Library
- Nathan Mattimoe, Director, Arts in Public Places, The Arts Commission
- Tiffanie McNair, Housing Commissioner, City of Toledo
- Erin McPartland, Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity
- Charles Odimgbe, Chief Operating Officer, TARTA
- Debra Pearson, Queens & Kings Salon
- Ken Schumaker, Architect
- Stephanie Shackelford, Lucas County Land Bank
- Robert Seyfang, Co-founder TDC, Architect
- Sujata Shetty, University of Toledo
- George Thomas, Vice President and General Council, The Fair Housing Center
- Michael Young, Landscape Arhitect
Prioritizing urban planning and design impacts quality of life, making Toledo a more desirable place to live, work and play. Our impact is both long-term and short-term—engaging communities in an immediate conversation and casting an ongoing vision for the future.
- Engages communities
- Increases sense of belonging in neighborhoods
- Increases tourism and urban development
- Increases environmental sustainability
- Improves traffic flow
- Repurposes previously vacant structures and land